This weeks before and after started as a simple pantry makeover.
I realized in order to have the outcome my client was looking for the whole kitchen needed to be decluttered and reorganized.
These are five simple steps to an organized kitchen.
1. Clear the Clutter. Get rid of things you no longer need or use. You will be amazed how much extra space you will gain by this first step.
2. Clean the area before putting items back in the cabinets. If you want the area to look like new cleaning EVERYTHING before you put items back is important.
3. Group like things together. Think by categories snacks, pastas, soups or baking. It will make meal prep easier and prevents over buying which saves money!
4. Remove what does not belong in a kitchen. Hammer, nails, lightbulbs etc. are taking up valuable space in a kitchen. Move to a laundry room or a garage.
5. Make a list of what needs to be repaired and fix it. A broken shelf, pantry door that won’t close or a lazy susan that doesn’t turn are reasons your kitchen is not functioning properly.
This is the junk drawer before.
Use the inside of the Pantry Door for storage.
Labeling containers keeps a pantry organized.
Keep like items together to prevent overbuying.
Cabinet Turntables provide easy access in cabinets and pantries.
Organizing a kitchen is a worthwhile project to tackle. The kitchen they say is the hub of the home so it should be organized and functional to make your life run smoothly.
Take the time to clear the kitchen clutter and start enjoying your new organized space.
Images via Neatly Designed